Please welcome Linda Fox, Vox Culture's Volunteer Coordinator! We are so excited to have her on board to help mobilize and empower the most cherished asset of our organization...our people! :)
"I graduated a little over a year ago with my Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering from the University of Houston. When I'm not being an electrical engineer, I'm cheering on my Houston Cougars (Go COOGS!!). In my past life, I swam on the University of Houston Swimming and Diving Team.
I got involved with Vox Culture through my older brother, Andrew, who coincidently suggested I attend Access. He invited me to the Access Cooking Group/Vox Culture Crawfish Boil 2.0 event where I got to meet new people, including Vox Culture's Director, Alissa Kit. I heard more about Vox Culture's cause and their mission to alleviate poverty and injustice. It was unlike anything I was part of before, and I felt like something tugged at me that I needed to be part of Vox Culture.
I went out on a limb and asked for the lead organizing role for the Vox Culture Beach Clean-Up & BBQ event having no idea what it took to organize something that massive. I felt so accomplished and I had such a great time, despite getting drenched in the rain. I am just one person, but I realized that with a group of people working together for one cause, we can accomplish so much more. Knowing that I can help orchestrate volunteers to work together...that is what makes me happy."
1. Skittles or M&Ms? Definitely Skittles. My favorite are the green ones.
2. What was your favorite book when you were a child/teen? Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. I think it was the only book that I was required to read in school that I actually liked.
3. What is your favorite Quote? "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." – Ferris Bueller
4. What's the best advice anyone has ever given you? "Never be afraid to ask questions." – My dad
5. Favorite Food? Chinese food!!! My favorite dish is chow mein.